Thursday, November 29, 2007

I have learned.....

I never thought I would learn as much as I did in this class. There were many fun challenges we faced such as the movies, the final project, and the blogging. These activities taught me how to use different aspects of technology as well as help me as a teacher implement them in my classes. Students love technology and use it on a an everyday basis. We as teachers need to embrace it and help change our curriculum to fit the need. These challenges were not comfortable at first but as the semester went on got easier to do. I have made at least three other movies since I learned how to make the one for class.

I found it very interesting how little is done to make the schools the best they can be. Many of the schools are doing the bare minimum to get by. This is where creative teachers must come in with their new ideas and tools to help revamp curriculum and make it exciting and important for their students. I believe this class has helped me gain some of those tools and knowledge to be able to do just that.

I believe the proposal we present in class is one that many schools need to adopt. I would love to put this into use in the future. I feel as if that is possible now that I know how to take the steps to change the curriculum.

No comments: